The Newtons


These are the stories of our family. The good, the bad and the funny. It is a journey that makes us laugh harder, cry longer and love each other that much more.

Day at the park

August 2008

August 2008
A day at the river

Sunday, November 2, 2008

So I guess maybe I should go back to the beginning and give a little synopsis of our lives. Lance and I meet 11 years ago, here in Grants Pass, OR. We did everything backwards, I guess, but it seems to have worked for us. We moved in together, about 6 months after meeting and then moved to Scottsdale, Arizona. We lived in that area for about 3 years or so. We loved living there, so much to do and see. Can you say Spring Training games! Loved it. We then happened to come back to Grants Pass to visit friends and I missed the trees so much. So we moved back to Oregon 3 weeks later.

One month after moving back we found out I was pregnant. Yeah, that one took us by surprise. Due to medical reasons, having children of our own was not in our plans, although we had talked about adopting when I was in my 30's. Having almost 4 years together before we had a child was a good thing. there was so much we got to experience as a couple before starting a family. Having Troy change everything, in a good way, I could not imagine life with out him. He is now six years old and in first grade. I love being a mom. Sometimes I look at him and go"Wow, we created him and he is an extension of both of us". He has such a great sense of humor, he is fearless in some ways and in other ways he is very sensitive and in tune with everyones feelings. Watching him learn so much everyday is such a blessing.

1 comment:

Princess Hairstyles said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you started a blog. We needed a Curtis in our cousin blog ring! I can't believe how big your little boy is! He's adorable. I can't wait to read more about what you've been up to.

Kori