The Newtons


These are the stories of our family. The good, the bad and the funny. It is a journey that makes us laugh harder, cry longer and love each other that much more.

Day at the park

August 2008

August 2008
A day at the river

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Man Day

So I have always had to ask my husband whether we are Duck or Beaver Fans. I now know, we are Oregon Duck fans. Apparently there is a huge difference I have come to find out. But I guess no matter what state you live in there is college football rivalry. So any ways, Lance and three of his friends headed out at 8 o'clock this morning to Eugene, Or to watch the Duck's game. Now keep in mind that the game doesn't start until 3:30 pm, and we are only a 2 hour drive from Eugene. There is tailgating to be had though, and what man doesn't love BBQ. So Troy and I are going to have Mommy and Troy day, while Dad makes his annual trip to the Oregon Ducks game. There is a small part of me that thinks I should be slightly offended that I have yet to be invited to attend, but the reality is I don't really want to go. So Lance gets to have his man day and in a few years Troy will go to man day too, and it will be Mommy day.

3 comments:

Kim said...

My hubby is sitting here watching football as I type. Fun that they get to go to the game, and fun that soon you'll have a guilt free mommy day.

Valeni said...

Hi Meagan,
Just checking the blog and saw your comment. Thanks for writing! It is fun to see you and your family. Troy is a very cute little boy and sounds like you all are doing well. Hope we can see you again...possibly at family reunion next summer?? We must all try to come.
I talked with your Mom today. John is recovering and they are thankful that things went well with his heart surgery. Hope to stay in touch with you.

Valeni said...

Hello Megan,
Your mom is just reading about you on your blog and has enjoyed seeing your pictures and hearing your news. We are at Aunt bonnie's right now having a ownderful time with your cousins. We showed the kids here Troy's picutre and told them he is their cousin. Everyone agrees that he is very cute and they want to meet him. Try to come to reunion!! you will be receiving a packet soon. Your mom says she loves you all a lot and hopes to talk to you soon and see you in July at the reunion. bye for now!